Read about some of the highlights from the plenary panel discussions.
'This mahi matters' - opening remarks from the Hon Phil Twyford
Minister of State for Trade & Export Growth the Hon Phil Twyford delivered opening remarks via video, emphasising the importance at the current challenging environment of "knowing our operating context and the priorities of our partners as best we can." Watch the full remarks below.
Download the Summit Programme
The CAPEs inaugural Asia-Pacific summit discussed how we can navigate today’s big challenges and enter new markets while setting a course for a sustainable, inclusive, and profitable future.
The Asia-Pacific offers great opportunities to overcome our challenges and do business better. Seizing these opportunities involves changes to how we do business and our supporting eco-systems. What can we change together? We brought together leading business academics and business leaders to understand the ‘whys’ and the ‘hows’ of Asia-Pacific business.
The panel discussions and practical breakout sessions connected business leaders and top academic researchers, from fields such as international business, Māori and Indigenous business, talent development, consumer engagement and tech.
Meet our speakers
Full speaker list
- Katy Bluett, Establishment Director, Future Food Aotearoa
- Michael Fox, Head of Global Public Affairs, Zespri
- Dr Guillermo Merelo, Associate Director, Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, University of Auckland
- Mitchell Pham, Co-Founder and Director, CodeHQ Chair, NZ Tech
- Mario Wynands, Managing Director, Pik Pok
- Jamie Rihia, General Manager, Strategic Investment, Tauhara North No.2 Trust
- Steven Renata, Managing Director, Kiwa Digital
- Juan Lara, President, Latin America New Zealand Business Council Young Professionals Network
- Sarah Rennie and Kim Tuaine, Oyster Workshop
- Jack Potaka, Graduate, Bell Gully
- Ani Tawhaio-Lomas and Sani Semei, YAWYE Babies
- Tara Tan, Founder and CEO of Grin
- Te Miringa Parkes, Founder / Director at Ūkaipō & Blush Balloons Co
- Zac Thomas, Venture Partner, Rali Cap Ventures
- Professor Natasha Hamilton-Hart, Director of New Zealand Asia Institute, University of Auckland
- Professor Tony Ballantyne, University of Otago
- Dr Jason Mika, Associate Professor of Māori Business, University of Waikato
- Dr Antje Fiedler, Senior Lecturer in Management and International Business, University of Auckland
- Dr Tanya Jurado, Senior Lecturer in the School of Management, Massey University
- Dr Dana L. Ott, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management, University of Otago
MC: Julian Wilcox
- Stephanie Honey, Stephanie Honey, independent trade consultant and member of the CAPEs Advisory Board
- Jacqui Caine, General Manager of Te Whakaariki Strategy and Influence team, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu, and member of the CAPEs Advisory Board
- Charlie Gao, Director, North Asia CAPE
- Matthew O’Meagher, Director, Latin America CAPE
Read about our academic speakers
The academics speaking at the Summit have deep research expertise about internationalisation and the Asia-Pacific. We've told some of their research stories on The Context: Asia-Pacific.